UWE Dishwasher Position Description
UWE Dishwasher Assistant Job Description
United We Eat is Soft Landing Missoula’s food-based programming. Our goal is to use food to provide a cultural bridge to our greater community and provide social and economic opportunity for Missoula’s refugees and immigrants. United We Eat has evolved over the years to include assistance at Missoula’s two farmers’ markets, partnerships with restaurants for Supper Club dinners, organization of holiday cookie sales, and most recently, UWE@home, a popular program with a rotating crew of chefs who create 125-175 take-out meals a week. United We Eat has become an integral part of Soft Landing’s programming.
We are looking for a dishwasher assistant to come in on Mondays and Tuesdays for half days and Wednesdays full days to assist the Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Assistant, chefs, and volunteers with clean-up, dishwashing, receiving groceries and putting them away, and food prep as needed.
You will be trained to assist the Kitchen Manager with the following tasks:
- Washing dishes, cleaning projects, and maintaining a clean dish area
- Receiving grocery orders and correctly and safely putting groceries away
- Inventory of food and supplies in storage
- Preparing food items as needed
- Have the ability to lift full hotel pans and groceries of up to 50 pounds repeatedly during a shift
- Have basic knowledge of kitchen operations and food preparation
- Be able to follow instructions and ask questions when unclear
- Be able to work independently as needed, and sometimes alone (with instructions)
- Be friendly and set a positive attitude in the kitchen
- Be willing to work with a variety of people, regardless of cultural or religious background
Approx 15 hours per week. Hours are flexible in some cases and can be rearranged to accommodate a school schedule. On weeks with big events, there may be the opportunity for additional hours. In our off months (January and August) we can guarantee 10 hours/week.
Potential Schedule (some flexibility available):
Wed 9-4 (flexible - 4-6 hours between 9-4)
Other days/events as needed
$16 an hour
Meal to bring home Tuesday evening
Please email your resume and cover letter to Beth Baker to express your interest (email@example.com).
We hope to hire the right candidate by mid-September. We are accepting applications and holding interviews on a rolling basis.